Ba Be Lake, the largest natural lake in Vietnam, is a well-known attraction to both foreign and domestic tourists for its charming natural beauty. Situated in the altitude of 145m above the sea level, the 17-25 meters-deep-lake spreads over 50 hectares through the core area of Ba Be National Park, the home to over 200 birds and 350 butterfly species living in primary limestone forest. Joining our two-day short trip to Ba Be, you will not only admire those geological treasured values but also have a chance to learn about the daily life and culture of ethnic minorities living surrounding the lake. Let’s try to experience the marvelous nature and unique ethnic culture!
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be lake
Day 2: Ba Be – Ban Gioc – Nguom Ngao – Cao Bang
Day 3: Cao Bang – Hanoi
DAY 01: HANOI – BA BE LAKE
8.00 am Departure from Hanoi to Ba Be National Park. We will take a drive of 230 km. You will also visit the stilt houses of the Tay community in Bo Lu Village, mostly living off the cultivation of rice. Have lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, Arrival Ba Be Lake. You will enjoy the beauty of Ba Be National Park with a boat ride along the Nang River, the caves of Puong Grotto, the rapids of the Dau Dang waterfall and tiny Widow Island.
18h00: Walking to your homestay in Pac Ngoi village. Enjoy dinner with localhost with home-cooked local specialties. Overnight at homestay of Tay people’s traditional house.
Meals: lunch, dinner
DAY 02: BA BE LAKE – BAN GIOC WATERFALL – NGUOM NGAO CAVE
8.00 am Departure for Cao Bang. Relaxing while waiting for the guide to get the license at the immigration office (for traveling around borderline) in Cao Bang Town then have lunch in Cao Bang there.
Afternoon: Visit the Ban Gioc Waterfall, 1 of the 4 largest waterfalls along a national border. You spend some time at leisure relaxing and taking souvenir photos in front of Vietnam’s most beautiful waterfall.
After that we depart to visit Nguom Ngao Cave (Tiger cave) – the wild and mystic cave still remains untouched unique formation.
Return to Cao Bang city and stay in the hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
DAY 03: CAO BANG - HANOI
Check-out and breakfast in the hotel.
After that, Depart back to Hanoi. It is a journey of approximately 185 miles (310 kilometers) through vertiginous rice paddies and remote villages. You will get the chance to stop at an ethnic village known for its rice production.
Lunch in the restaurant of Bac Kan town.
Late afternoon, arrive in Hanoi. The tour ends.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
Accommodation: none included
- Hotel accommodation based on twin
2. Meals as specified in the itinerary
3. Private transportation
4. English- speaking guide (other languages are available upon request).
5. Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
6. Travel insurance
7. Water (2 bottles/day)
8. Description of service in details
- Tips for the tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers &, etc
- International airfare to/ from Vietnam & International airport tax in Vietnam
- Others which are not mentioned in the inclusion
* CHILDREN POLICY
- Free of charge for children under 5 years (sharing the bed with parents)
- Surcharge 50% rate of adult for children 6-10 years (sharing the bed with parents)
- Surcharge 100% rate of adult for children from 11 years (sharing room as an adult)
- Necessary things: passport, swimming suites, sunblock, sunglasses, good hiking shoes, a hat, pants/long sleeve clothes, personal items.
- If you are allergic to somethings or diet, vegetarian…please let us know before your departure date.